Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More about me...I started knitting about 8 months ago and have become a bit obsessed. I'm still a beginner or maybe intermediate but I find it very relaxing to knit at night after a long day of running after the kids. It's also nice to actually be creating something. So much of what I do gets undone within minutes- the food I cook is eaten, the clothes I washed get dirty again, etc. It's nice to have something with some permanence to it. My only issue is that once I start a project I want to finish it ASAP and I find myself knitting all the time, or thinking abt when I will have time to knit, calculating how long it will take to finish my project...a little OCD, I know. I'm like that with books too. Once I start one I have to finish it.
Right now I'm working on a baby blanket for my almost 3 year old daughter. Why does she need a blanket, you ask? She doesn't but I made one for her baby brother and she asked me if I can make her one too. Being that she is the middle child and we are always trying to give her more attention, I figured it might be nice for her to have something made special for her. Plus I had a pattern I wanted to try :) It's 25 squares plus 4 large panels around it. Once I finished sewing the squares together I gave it to her. Her reaction was totally worth the effort. She loves it and sleeps with it every night. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment