Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm still here

I've been quiet this past week. Just trying to catch up on a million things and clean for passover.
There is a lot going on with Y and his schooling. His IEP meeting is next week, so we are trying to formulate some sort of plan. We are applying to some programs and checking out a few more. It's March already and I feel like I am always a step behind, despite my best efforts to stay on top of things. Then I make the mistake of speaking to the "supermom" who has everything figured out. She has lawyers, educational consultants and has seen every program that exists in NYC. She knows how to develop an IEP and what her kid's IQ is. I feel overwhelmed and want to go hide. My husband reminds me that this woman is about 15 years older than me and has a background in law. Maybe that will be me 10 years from now, giving advice to the newbies still trying to figure out the system.
I guess it's a good thing that things have been quiet on the doula front this past month or so. But I have been getting some inquiries for May and beyond, so I am hoping things will pick up again after Passover.

1 comment:

  1. You are a supermom Yourself with all thats on Your plate

    ReplyDelete