Saturday, July 24, 2010

We have arrived!

Well, actually we got here Thursday morning already, but have been busy getting unpacked, settled and unjet-lagged. The flight was pretty smooth all things considered. The older 2 watched a million hours of DVD and movies and slept a bit so they were pretty easiy. Baby M on the other hand is at a terrible traveling age. He did not have his own seat and even if he did, he can't sit still anyway! He spent a lot of time walking up and down the aisles and being squirmy. Kudos to my husband who handled him for most of the flight and even got him to sleep for a bit.
We arrived at 7 30 am but it took us a while to get out of the airport. They had lost one of our carseats so we had to file a missing luggage claim. It actually was delivered to our apartment tonight so all is well again.
The apartment we are staying in, is perfect for our needs. It is cheap, in a great location and very kids friendly- lots of toys, very little to break and child-proof locks on everything. When I walked into their bathroom and saw the garbage can on the toilet, I just had to laugh because I have totally done that!
We have spent the last few days just getting acclimated, buying groceries and other essentials, and going for walks around town. And today of course was Shabbos, a quiet and relaxing day.
It is just so nice to be here. People ask me what I want to do while we are here but I don't really have a big agenda.  Take walks, go to the Kotel, see people I know, spend time with family, sit in coffeeshops and write in my much-neglected journal. Just be here and pretend like I live here...and maybe blog about it too. First of hopefully many posts from the Holy Land. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment