Sunday, June 3, 2012

Studying

I am sitting at the computer, trying to memorize the different types of tissues in the human body with wonderful names such as pseudostratified ciliated columnar ephithelium. I am also realizing that I will be doing a lot of memorizing and science in the upcoming months and years.
This makes sense because Nursing is a Bachelors in Science. But I can't help but feel that I just want to be done already. Instead of slogging through day by day and studying for Lab exams, I want to already be the finished product, doing the clinical work.
I am sure I will not need to identify stratified squamous tissue in the L&D ward...but the catch is that there are no shortcuts. I have to get through this course one day at a time and then the next and the next...I need to submit my applications to nursing programs and then study, study, study all while caring for our family.
It is not so much that I do not believe I can do it, because I do have confidence in myself. It is more the fact that I wish it was all over already.
There are many things like that- I want my kids to be toilet trained, sleeping through the night, reading, you name it. But unless I invest in the process it is not going to happen on its own. So I am back to studying my connective tissues. I am so grateful to my classmates who took pictures of all the slides and sent them out to everyone, so we can study from the comfort of our home. College has definitely evolved since my first go-around ten years ago.
Just for fun and because I know you are all dying to know what stratified squamous ephithelia is- here is the pic. It is actually your epidermis, meaning your skin. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment