Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doula development

So a few exciting developments on the doula front. Am signing up for a few interesting courses.
In February I will be taking a "Hypnobirthing for Doulas" workshop. This course is designed to help doulas work with clients who want to try the Hypnobirthing approach to pain management.
Then in May I will be taking a Lamaze Childbirth Educator training class with a cool organization called Passion for Birth. I have been thinking of teaching childbirth ed for a while now. Although I feel like I could probably teach based on all the knowledge/information on childbirth that I already have, I would feel more confident and comfortable doing a training and becoming certified. Did you know, that the credentials for a Lamaze Childbirth educator are LCCE- it stands for Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator. Quite a mouthful :)
On the kids front, I am in the process of finding/interviewing new babysitters which is always fun- NOT. Taking Y to another doctor's appointment this afternoon. He is having minor surgery at the end of February, and being that he will be under general anesthesia already, we are considering having another procedure done at the same time. Kind of like a 2 for 1 special. Never a dull moment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment