Sunday, November 6, 2011

Does a doula need a doula?

In case you didn't know, the answer to the above question is a resounding "yes". As much as you may know about childbirth, when you are in labor, you need someone to help you focus and apply those tools. Plus, you can't really massage your own back :)
Tonight, I met with my doula Leda for our pre-natal meeting. We spoke about my preferences, comfort measures that have worked for me in the past and just chatted about life, birth and other stuff- like what we will do if I go into labor on shabbos.
I originally met Leda through Birth Focus, when we attended open houses together as doulas. It was funny to now be speaking to her as a "client" but so nice that we already have a rapport and are friends too.
The meeting was productive and yet another step towards getting into the mind frame of- this baby is coming soon, so I better start preparing, both emotionally and physically. The next step is to wash and set aside some of the baby clothing and blankets that I have located in boxes at the top of my closets.
Can't believe we're really getting there....stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment