Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oops

So I kind of fell off the bandwagon with NaBloPoMo yesterday. I was planning on blogging at night but then was just too tired...I am not exactly sure how this works anyway, is anyone actually checking if you blog, or is it more a challenge for yourself?
I figured I would get an early start, rather than leave it till the evening. The kids are all off from school today because it's Election Day. Is it terrible if I admit that I don't even know what/who they are voting for? Shows you how patriotic I am. Keeping everyone entertained is a bit of a challenge because there were differences of opinion on how to spend our morning. It took forever to get anywhere because A was complaining she was bored and wanted to leave NOW while M refused to even get out of his pajamas.After a half hour of frustrating cajoling and threatening everyone to get their shoes on, I had enough and just opened the door and headed to the elevator. That got their attention pretty fast and soon I had three kids wearing shoes and sweatshirts and ready to go!
We headed to the park where they could run around and I could sit on a bench and watch. For about an hour everything was under control till M discovered a hole in the fence and went charging up a hill. Did I mention that I am 37 weeks pregnant and cannot chase a 3 year old up a grassy hill full of branches....okay. With A's help, I was able to get M back inside. 15 minutes later, Y discovered the same trick. At this point I decided it was time to go home.
Now it is actually fairly calm here. M is taking a nap, A is on a playdate and Y is keeping himself entertained on the iPad. I am trying to decide if I should just take it easy on the couch while I can or get started on dinner and fold some laundry. Will probably try to enjoy the quiet while it lasts. Were your kids off from school today? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment