Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Catching up

I think this is the longest time I have ever disappeared from the blog. Passover and/or trips to Florida will do that to you.
It's been a fun few weeks here. I'll just give you the highlights. We spent the first days of Passover with my inlaws in Florida. The hotel was beautiful and the best part was that they had a day camp set up for the kids. The counselors were amazing and my kids loved it. I savored the quiet, sitting at the pool in the sun, reading. Life is tough, I know :)
Then we flew back to NY to be with our congregation for the last days of Passover (for those who are not familiar with the holiday- I would try to explain it but I think it might be too complicated for a short blog post. If you google passover, I am sure you'll find some great explanations). On the last day of Passover, part of the ceiling in the main sanctuary caved in. Thankfully it happened at night when noone was there. Never a dull moment here.
In addition, and much less dramatically, the wheel popped off my stroller for the third time, which means it is time to get replacement wheels. The stroller company was actually extremely nice and is sending them to me for free!
In the last two days I have done about 8 loads of laundry and I think I am finally finishing up. The kids are going back to school tomorrow. We are finally getting back to normal.
More importantly, I am ready to get back to some doula work. I am taking a childbirth educator course in May and am actively looking for clients. If you know anyone, send them my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment