Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lamaze, here I come

I officially registered for the Lamaze childbirth educator course I will be taking in May. It's three full days from 8 to 5. My older two will be in school most of the time, but I have yet to figure out what to do with Baby M. I also cannot imagine sitting for so long. It's been a while since I have been in school. The truth is, this will be a very interactive and it is unlikely that I will be just sitting and listening most of the time. There will be peer teaching and other group activities.
I am very excited for this opportunity. I think it will add another layer of experise to working with my doula clients, as well as a new service I can offer potential clients. It is also an opportunity to edcuate pregnant women and their partners, to help give them the information they need to make the choices that are right for them.
The amount of material is a bit overwhelming. The Official Lamaze Study Guide is about 700 pages or something crazy like that. I have a lot to learn. That's a good thing though. Make sure my brain gets used every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment