Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Ending

Today, around 7 pm, my former neighbor called to say that someone had found my purse behind a trashcan near the park where it was stolen. She had returned it to the building I used to live in, because that was the address listed on my license. I sent my husband to pick it up on his way home from work and sure enough it was all still there- wallet, ID, phone, keys, etc. The one thing that was obviously missing was the cash.
I am thrilled beyond words. I was hoping this would happen but thought it was pretty unrealistic. I am so glad there are still some good people out there. I need to call the person who found it to personally thank her.
This is what we call "hashgacha pratit." Orthodox Jews believe that G'd watches over us and every little thing that happens, whether positive or negative is pre-ordained and meant to happen specifically to us. Sometimes when life is stressful it is harder to feel that G'd is watching out for me and it often feels more like random chaos. But at times like this, when something so unexpected and so wonderful happens, I really do feel this "hashgacha", which can be translated literally as "supervision." So thanks G'd and thanks to the good Samaritan who took the time to help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment