Sunday, April 11, 2010

I am irresponsible

There, I said it. My whole life (aka wallet, cell phone, keys, notebook with important phone numbers) was stolen this afternoon when I was in Riverside Park with my husband and kids. I made the mistake of leaving my little purse inside my larger diaper bag that was attached to my stroller (got that?). I have to admit that I will occasionally do this. I have seen many other moms do the same. It's not so convenient to follow your kids around and climb the structures with them, while you are holding your wallet. I always assumed there was some sort of social contract going on in NYC playgrounds. We are all here to play with our children and so you don't mess with my stuff, and I won't mess with yours. I guess I was wrong. This is NYC after all.
I started the fun process of canceling credit cards and suspending service on my cell phone. I still have this unrealistic hope that whoever took it will just take my cash and return the rest of the wallet. I guess we'll see what happens over the next week. In the meantime I am just frustrated with myself. And realizing how dependent I am on my cell phone and how cut off I feel without it. Sigh. Will update if there is any news.

No comments:

Post a Comment