Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Unexpected Feedback

Today while I was walking in the neighborhood with the kids I ran into a former client and her baby who is already five months old. Time flies. We didn't really have time to chat for so long but I introduced her to my kids and she told them, "Your mom is awesome. She helped me a lot."
It was really nice to get some positive feedback. This woman had a really great birth and I was glad that I had been a part of it, and even happier that she felt the same way. A little bit of positive reinforcement is always nice.
The kids don't really know what I do as a doula. They know I disappear every now and then but that's about it. Recently I have been telling A that I am going to help somebody have their baby and she keeps asking how I helped them, what exactly I did. I could see the wheels in her head turning, trying to figure out how I was connected to this woman and her baby. I think I will wait till she is a bit older to fully explain the logistics.

1 comment:

  1. Feedback is always a good thing.
    That's why I'm posting that I enjoy following your blog :-)
    your little sister

    ReplyDelete