Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Family Time

The theme of our trip has definitely been family so far. We met my parents for breakfast, went swimming at their hotel's pool twice and also saw them on several other occasions. Today I got a babysitter for a few hours and I spent some quality shopping time with my mom.  Not to mention the siblings and cousins we have met at parks or for dinner.
The other side of the family is not being neglected either. Yesterday we saw my husband's brothers and their families and had a fun dinner/playdate with them. We might be having a Sunday BBQ with them as well and are definitely on the calendar for the last shabbos in Israel.
All these get togethers are definitely fun although they are a bit exhausting- trying to coordinate everyone's schedule and getting everyone together in the same place at the same time. But it is totally worth it. All year long I miss having that accessability, the ability to just pick up a phone, get in a cab and see my siblings or parents. Some people are fortunate enough to have close family nearby all year round but for those of us with siblings and parents spanning several countries and continents, it is a bit more complicated. For me, my mom stopping by with a latte or grabbing some pizza with my siblings is a real treat, one I try to savor and enjoy while it lasts.
In the Old City of Jerusalem

Grabbing pizza with my parents


1 comment:

  1. YOu look like youre having lots of fun and quality family time also Enjoy

    ReplyDelete