Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Birth

I had the wonderful experience of being at a birth yesterday. This was my first time attending a birth on shabbos and while it took some getting used to, i really feel like I was needed there. That is why our rabbis have allowed shabbat-observant doulas to work on shabbos. Because we make a huge difference in the emotional health of the birthing mother and sometimes even affect the medical outcomes.
I don't want to post too many details because it would be violating my client's privacy. She delivered at St Vincent's with Village Obstetrics (Dr. Musali and Worth) and I was really impressed with the doctors and medical staff. They were very friendly and non-interventionist. it was nice to see the doctors tell someone she is not on any clock and can labor without time restraints.
My next client is due 1/1. Will be interesting to see if this will actually be a New-Year's Baby.
If anyone is interested in finding out more about my doula services, feel free to comment or send me a message through the blog!

1 comment:

  1. Ruchi,
    As always, I'm so impressed with the work you do. I'm sure the support this mother felt from you was beyond words. Thank you, from one doula to another, for providing such a wonderful service to women!
    Best of luck with your next birth....
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete