Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Kosher Food and Wine Experience 2011

My husband and I just came home from a fun date night- Royal Wine Corporations hosted the 5th Annual Kosher Food and Wine Experience at Chelsea Piers. It was a sold out event and featured many, many food and wine vendors. Plus we met so many people we knew, both from our neighborhood and also random people we had not seen in years. Jewish geography as we like to call it.
I have to admit that I am not a wine connoisseur and many of these wines were totally wasted on me, but I tried some of them nonetheless. I wanted to be able to say that I had tasted the $200 bottle....luckily for me Bartenura had a table as well and so I enjoyed my $8 Moscato D'Asti and some yummy Asti Champagne as well.
It's the kind of event when you go in hoping to have self control and you leave overly full. The ultimate smorgasbord. Pomegranate had a stand, as did Le Marais, Prime Grill/KO, Noidue and many others. For a full list of vendors and wineries click here. We tried to eat strategically and not overdo it but mostly we just ate :) They had some good desserts, although they were pareve and everyone knows the best desserts are dairy. Still, Basil (from Crown Heights) had great Chocolate Mousse and a place called Pardes, which I had not heard of previously, had amazing Mini-Lemon Meringue Pies.
I have been trying to watch my weight recently but probably gained back everything I lost over the past 10 days. All in all it was a fun evening although it definitely falls into the category of excess gashmius...

No comments:

Post a Comment