Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Husband and the Birth Analogy

Last week, when my husband and I were speaking with a friend, all of a sudden he said: " I have a good analogy. It's like birth. The hospital does all the interventions and then says 'Thank G'd we saved your baby' when really all along they are the ones causing the problem and you would not have needed those interventions without them."
Our friend did not really understand this analogy or how it pertained to the discussion we were having, but I understood what he meant. Even more than that, I was both flattered and surprised that he would use something from my frame of reference to illustrate a point. My husband and I often talk about taking a more active interest in the (for lack of a better word, I will be redundant) interests of the other. Being involved, showing you care. This was such a little thing but it totally made my day...probably my week, because it still makes me smile every time I think about it.
In my quest to educate the world about childbirth, I am glad that I have at least one devoted follower :)

1 comment:

  1. My hubby too! In the last month he has referred me to TWO of his coworkers, and he keeps talking about how he 'talked about birth' with someone he met. Makes me smile. =) When he shows that he *gets* natural birth it feels like he *gets* me, ykwim?

    ReplyDelete