I spend too much time complaining/sharing about all the frustrations and crazy events in my life that I figured it was time for some positivity. So in no particular order, here are some great things about my week:
- On Shabbos, Y surprised us by spelling his full name! I was totally shocked and for the past few days I keep making him repeat it for anyone who walks into our home, kind of a like a party trick. He also loves reading all the letters on food labels even if he can't sound out the words. That kid is definitely learning things at school
- The weather has been nice...well not today, but the sunshine is definitely improving my mood. The kids are loving it too, because it means lots of outdoor time and ice-cream!
- On Tuesday, A's class had a trip to Central Park Zoo. I went along and we spent a really nice morning together. I was glad to be able to spend some time just focused on her. It's something I try to do anyways, but this was a good opportunity.
- M is back to his usual happy self. He says the funniest things and is just all-around cute when he is not frustrating me with his insistent demands of "I do it."
- We are finally starting to make summer plans. Nothing is for sure yet but we are hoping to go to Israel again, which would be amazing. Either way, just plotting to get away and have a change of scenery is exciting.
Anything exciting going on in your neighborhoods?