Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beware the cranky pregnant woman

Settling back into our normal routine has been more difficult than expected. I knew the trip home would be a long haul, but I was not prepared for how physically taxing it would be on my body, now entering its third trimester of pregnancy.
Aside for being exhausted, I have had all kinds of aches and pains over the course of this past week. My belly ached, I had a stitch in my side when I walked, and when that finally ironed itself out my back started hurting. I spoke to my care provider about my concerns but they feel I just need some more time to rest and recover from all the travel and shlepping. Easier said than done with the kids not having started school yet and needing to be entertained. And being woken up at 5 am every morning due to jet lag...although today was the first morning Y actually slept late and did not wake his siblings at 4 45 so I am hoping we are finally done with that!
So for now I am the proverbial kvetchy pregnant woman who complains about everything. It is funny to me because I usually have fairly easy pregnancies. I carry relatively small so I am usually not one to waddle around whining about her aching back. But this pregnancy has been a bit harder on me physically. Maybe it's because I am older (relatively speaking), or because I have more kids to take care of or maybe it really is just all the travel and running around.
Either way- relaxing is not on the agenda this weekend, since we are expecting 13 adults plus 5 kids for Shabbos lunch, so I have decided to book myself a prenatal massage for Friday. I am hoping the masseuse will be able to work out some of the kinks in my back and help me feel better physically. It's a bit pricey but will be totally worth it if she can magically put me back together. Should not set my expectations too high though...even if she cannot cure all my problems, I can at least go into a hectic shabbos with a more peaceful state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment