Thursday, October 6, 2011

Corrections

I just wanted to point out that I made a mistake in my previous post. That is what happens when you try and post deep Torah thoughts without looking them up.
Kapara refers to the atonement for specific sins we have committed. Tahara is the process of repairing our relationship with G'd and the negative impact sin has had on our soul.
I hope I did not confuse anyone too much. I will also go back and correct the original post but just wanted to make sure everyone sees this revision.
I guess it is good practice for Yom Kippur, to publicly state that I was wrong, without offering up excuses. One of the classes I listened to mentioned this point. How difficult it is for us to say that we were wrong, especially without any qualifiers- it was a mistake, they provoked me, I did not understand, etc
My husband will be the first to tell you that I am very good at rationalisations and not taking responsibility for my actions. So to counteract this trait, I am offering a public apology now, to anyone I may have offended with my blogposts or even IRL (in real life), as they say. I hope you will find it within your heart to forgive me.
Wishing you an easy and meaningful fast, and again a gmar tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment