Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's the Little Things

Here are just a few of the things that made me happy this weekend:
- Baby AY slept a 6 (!) hour stretch. And I actually slept for 5 of those 6 hours.
- My husband and I went to a luncheon/kiddush this week after shul with just the baby who slept for most of it and only woke up at the end to nurse. It was a quasi-date, if you do not consider the 100 or so other people who were there too :)
- When I got home from my quasi-date, I discovered that my babysitter had not only watched the kids but also done my dishes from the night before. Have I mentioned how awesome our new Shabbos babysitter is?
- The kids had friends come over who kept them busy and occupied most of the afternoon. When they left, Y, M and I had an impromptu Uncle Moishy concert/sing-along that was fun.
All in all, a low-key, happy Shabbos. After last week's bad news, I treasure all the little, normal, fun moments.
Hoping there are plenty more of those in the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment